use for shits and giggles, I decided to do a little research. I wanted to find out who cheats more on their spouse – men or women, and by how much. If you polled 1,000 random people, 99% would likely say men cheat more. Of those 990 people (didn’t even need a calculator to do the math!), I would bet almost all of them would say the percentage of men that cheat is far greater than the percentage of women that cheat.
As you all know, everything you read on the Internet is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth (sarcasm). So I had to check a few sources to make sure my information was accurate. The results were more than surprising. In fact, I no longer felt so guilty about having an affair. Heck, my wife is probably doing the same thing! Without further adieu, here are the results of my completely pointless research…
(Please note: because I do not have permission to link to these sources, I’m only including general information about their data)
From a popular Men’s Blog…
- Women cheat as much as men because they feel unappreciated at home.
- Married men are more likely to want nothing more than sex from an affair partner, while married women often desire more than just sex from an affair partner.
- Women that have a history of cheatingwill almost always cheat on their current spouse/boyfriend.
From a Question and Answer Site…
- Men that responded claim women cheat just as much as men.
- Women that responded claim men cheat far more than men.
- I am now dumber for having read their responses!
From a Certified Relationship Expert (that’s actually an occupation?)…
- 65% of married men cheat on their spouse at least once during their marriage.
- 55% of married women cheat on their spouse at least once during their marriage.
- Men and women cheat for different reasons
- Men cheat more than women, but not by much.
- Men are worse at getting away with cheating than women.
- Women do a better job of cheating and getting away with it because they are less careless.